San Francisco, CA, USA
In this role, you will define test strategies, assist in refining testing processes, and ensure our tools and products work beautifully. You will be designing and implementing test plans, providing regular status reports and updates to guarantee we maintain high quality tools and products that keep our users safe and delighted. You will use your creativity to find edge cases that help drive product excellence.
- Advocate for the user: you care about users having a great experience.
- Develop test plans and implement automated functional and regression tests for mobile and web products.
- Develop automation frameworks, tools, and security testing scripts to replace manual test cases wherever possible.
- Work alongside the engineering team to document, report and escalate found defects.
- Communicate with multiple teams including Development, Creative, Production and other related teams.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related program, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 4+ years experience as a quality assurance engineer or software tester, with demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting problems, determining root-cause, and providing reproduction.
- 2+ years development/testing experience with iOS and Android (HTML5 applications a plus).
- Familiarity with QA methodologies such as regression testing, user acceptance testing, functional testing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of API test tool landscape and best practices.
- Hands-on mobile automation experience with Selenium, Appium, or other similar technologies.
- Familiarity with MongoDB and/or DynamoDB databases.
- Experience working with bug tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc).
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Not afraid to identify inefficient processes and suggest creative solutions.
- Experience in mobile games app.
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent).
- Experience working with remote and/or vendor teams.
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.