San Francisco, CA, USA
The Managing Editor works under the supervision of the Writing Director, supporting the writing department and working with writers to develop, refine, and revise story concepts and scripts on schedule while also tracking writing tasks and pipelines, liaising with other departments (such as art and engineering), and facilitating communication among all involved parties.
- Work with in-house and freelance writers to revise and polish scripts to a high level of quality.
- Work with in-house and freelance writers to develop initial concepts and outlines.
- Develop relationships with freelance writers and writer candidates, including performing outreach and reviewing samples.
- Work with production to develop and track writing tasks and pipelines across multiple projects.
- Participate in production meetings with writers, designers, artists, producers, and engineers.
- Catalogue story assets for art and cinematic teams.
- Write supplemental material (marketing copy, in-game user interface text, etc.) as required.
- Oversee and review copyedits.
- 3+ years of experience editing fiction (in any medium--games, prose, film, etc.), including working with writers on substantive and line edits.
- Extensive experience working with multiple departments to schedule, track, and coordinate tasks in a complex production pipeline.
- An keen ear for dialogue and an ability to critique dialogue-heavy scripts.
- A passion for and abiding interest in the craft of interactive writing, including in-depth knowledge of branching narrative products in the video game industry.
- Expertise in a wide variety of story genres (including comedy, romance, horror, and speculative fiction) a strong plus.
- Game development experience a plus.
- Experience with episodic formats or periodical publications a plus.
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.