The Game Artist is a skilled and capable 2D/ 3D generalist who works under the supervision of the Art Director, contributing across the board in a hands-on basis. The Game Artist creates new artwork in the form of concept art, storyboards, ingame illustrations, graphics and icons, marketing art, touches-up existing art, and implements assets into the Unity game engine, as well as assisting with technical adjustments to character animation and rigs.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Work with the Art Director to create and implement high-quality 2D and 3D artwork.
- Contribute to visual development with storyboards and concept art.
- Design and illustrate characters, settings, icons, and graphics for in-game, cinematic, and marketing uses.
- Implement 2D and 3D assets into the Unity game engine for use by animators and directors.
- Adjust character rigs/ skins and animation keyframes as needed.
- Participate in production meetings with writers, designers, artists, producers, and engineers.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers on the development of internal tools and pipelines.
- Iterative progress toward the final, polished art assets.
- Contribute to a creative, collegiate studio atmosphere.
Your Career Progression
You will ship product! Everyone in our studio has shipped at least one product with many of us contributing to multiple titles across multiple platforms and we have no intent to stop this trend. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere will allow you to contribute more and more as your abilities increase and in turn you will see greater ownership, satisfaction, and financial gain.Requirements
- 3+ years professional experience in game, film/ television, or animation production.
- College degree in art/ illustration/ game art production.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in concept art, illustration, modeling, and graphic design.
- Expert skills with common 2D/ 3D art/ painting tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Max/ Maya).
- Familiarity with 3D game production pipelines plus common character modeling and rigging techniques.
- Experience with 2.5D cinematics, motion comics, and traditional animation techniques a strong plus.
- Unity experience a must.
- An abiding love for games, film, and serial dramas.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts