The Cinematics Artist works under the supervision of the Art Director, composing ingame cinematic scenes and directing character performance, as well as overseeing the work of contributing artists, animators, and designers.
Your Day To Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Participate in production meetings with writers, designers, artists, producers, and engineers.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers on the development of internal tools and pipelines.
- Direct the storyboarding process, and offering creative input on visual composition of scenes.
- Break down scripts to identify art assets to be created for specific scenes.
- Set up and block scenes, in-engine, then compose dialogue and cinematic elements.
- Work with animators to perfect character performance (expressions, animation, effects).
- Present rough cuts and iterative drafts to the creative directors.
- Iterative progress toward final, polished dialogue scenes and cinematics.
- Contribute to a creative, collegiate studio atmosphere.
Your Career Progression:
You will ship product! Everyone in our studio has shipped at least one product with many of us contributing to multiple titles across multiple platforms and we have no intent to stop this trend. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere will allow you to contribute more and more as your abilities increase and in turn you will see greater ownership, satisfaction, and financial gain.
- 10+ years experience directing cinematics for games.
- College degree in game development/ design/ art/ film or relevant professional experience.
- Experience in film or television production, with a firm grasp of cinematic storytelling techniques.
- Strong familiarity with game production pipelines and processes.
- Strong skills with art tools (Maya/ Max, Photoshop, After Effects) and game engines (Unity, Unreal).
- Lengthy experience with 2.5D cinematics or motion comics a strong plus.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts