Writer - Narrative Games
San Francisco, CA, USA
The Writer works under the supervision of the Writing Director, designing storylines and composing dialogue for ingame use.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Create original branching storylines, from initial pitch to character profiles and detailed outlines.
- Write ingame dialogue for assigned content.
- Extensively revise and edit written content according to feedback from multiple sources.
- Catalogue story asset requests and work within budgets set by art and cinematic teams.
- Participate in production meetings with other writers, designers, artists, producers, and engineers.
Your Career Progression:
You will ship product! Everyone in our studio has shipped at least one product with many of us contributing to multiple titles across multiple platforms and we have no intent to stop this trend. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere will allow you to contribute more and more as your abilities increase and in turn you will see greater ownership, satisfaction, and financial gain.
- 1+ years experience as a video game writer / narrative designer strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with branching narrative games.
- Expertise in a wide variety of story genres (including comedy, romance, horror, and drama) a strong plus.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:
Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.