The Lead Writer works under the supervision of the Writing Director, designing storylines and composing dialogue for ingame use as well as overseeing the work of contributing writers.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Create original branching storylines, from initial pitch to character profiles and detailed outlines.
- Write ingame dialogue for assigned content in a variety of genres.
- Extensively revise and edit written content according to feedback from multiple sources.
- Provide actionable feedback to internal and external writers on story and dialogue drafts.
- Mentor and guide less experienced members of the writing team.
- Catalogue story asset requests and work within budgets set by art and cinematic teams.
- Work with designers to develop and refine narrative game mechanics.
- Participate in production meetings with other writers, designers, artists, producers, and engineers.
- Work with production and project management to develop and track writing tasks and pipelines.
Your Career Progression:
You will ship product! Everyone in our studio has shipped at least one product with many of us contributing to multiple titles across multiple platforms and we have no intent to stop this trend. Your portfolio of experience will grow, and the size of the audience you reach will expand exponentially. The small team atmosphere will allow you to contribute more and more as your abilities increase and in turn you will see greater ownership, satisfaction, and financial gain.
- 5+ years experience as a video game writer / narrative designer (including at least 1 year of experience with branching narrative).
- Strong familiarity with game production pipelines and processes.
- Expertise in a wide variety of story genres (including comedy, romance, horror, and drama) a strong plus.
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts