Helpdesk Associate (Contract)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Aftershock LA is looking for a Helpdesk Associate. This role reports to the IT and Security Manager of Aftershock Studios.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Tier 1 - Client Service, Support and Troubleshooting
- Ordering, Inventory and Tracking of Software and Assets
- On-boarding/Off-boarding of Employees
- Perform Other Duties as Assigned by the IT Manager
Your Career Progression:
This is a 3 month contract with potential to extend another 3 months. You will have the opportunity to work with a growing game studio that is part of the FoxNext group, which is part of 21st Century Fox. This will add to your experience building out infrastructure for a small internal team, but has the added benefit of integrating with a much larger company network.
- Friendly and Helpful Attitude
- Ability to Provide Technical Support both Onsite and Remotely (via Phone or Video Chat)
- Intermediate Technical Knowledge of Windows (7/10), macOS, iOS, and Android Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Mac, PC, and Mobile Device Hardware
- Ability to Move/Lift up to 50 Pounds
- Ability to Multi-task in a Fast-paced Environment
- Creative, Self-Starting and Willing to Learn
- Industry Certifications a Plus (e.g. Microsoft, Apple, etc.)
- Degree from an Accredited University or Equivalent Education/Experience.
- Working Knowledge of ANY of the Following a Plus: Google Apps, Active Directory, AirWatch, JAMF Casper, Apple Configurator, ServiceNow, Okta/SSO, Zoom
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.