Aftershock FoxNext is looking for a VP of Strategy who reports directly to the President of Studios for FoxNext Games. This role will use large internal and external data sets to: understand and evaluate marketplace trends from a geographic and product perspective; evaluate new product or feature initiatives from a financial perspective; analyze existing customers and titles to maintain and expand LTV’s; and evaluate future M&A opportunities. You are the strategic leader that judges leadership initiatives with a dispassionate, data-focused eye and passionately advocates strategies that are backed by the results of sound data analysis.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Perform detailed analysis - with either internal game-level data or external 3rd-party data to understand most the recent trends within FN Games & the marketplace
- Identify/evaluate both near- and longer-term opportunities - from an individual product or macro perspective, with a financial/economic lens
- Support Sr. Executives with strategic planning & on-going operations within the FoxNext Games business
- Supporting all facets of the FoxNext Games business -- first-party games, licensed games, and the publishing organization, among others.
Your Career Progression:
This role is part of the FoxNext Games senior leadership team. You will be directly participating in C-level discussions and presentations, while also having a deep impact on the direction and success of the products. Success means your role expands with the business, giving you more purview over a larger and larger portfolio of products with increasing revenue. You will see your influence and compensation scale in proportion to the success you help drive for the entire business.
- 10+ years of professional experience; at least 6 years within consumer technology, entertainment, and/or media; preferably experience within a mobile or multi-platform gaming company in a strategy, corporate development or product management role
- B.S. in Financial Analysis, Statistics or other quantitatively focused degree; Masters is a plus.
- Experience engaging with cross functional teams to gather clean and clear data for analysis.
- Comfortable with influencing through knowledge leadership and collaboration even if your partners are not direct reports
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:Health and Wellness:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
Division Description:About Aftershock
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.About FoxNext
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.