Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Understand our players by analyzing their behavior, motivations, pain points, and needs through analytics, competitive analysis, user interviews, focus groups, A/B testing, and other research methods.
- Meticulously craft delightful user experiences for cross-game mobile apps, from initial research and high-level strategy discussion to visual and interaction concepts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, style guides, and detailed mockups.
- Validate and iterate on your design proposals through prototyping, user testing, live player vetting and collection of ongoing feedback from the team
- Own products end-to-end to measure, analyze and improve the ongoing player experience.
- Collaborate and build relationships with designers, program managers, engineers, outsource partners, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance analysts to create mobile products that are aligned with franchise and company goals as well as players’ needs.
- BA / BS Degree in Design or a related field or equivalent in-house experience
- Expert knowledge of iOS and Android platform capabilities, interface conventions, user standards, design patterns and application experience
- Exceptional understanding of information flow, readability, human-centered design and interface usability principles
- Experience leveraging user research, consumer insights, business analysis and product vision to present cohesive and informed design solutions
- Experience working on and with remote teams
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects)
- Experience working with or managing outsourcing partners
- Proficiency using mobile prototyping tools or frameworks
- Solid knowledge of visual design principles (design, layout, typography, color theory)
- Design and team experience working on large-scale apps or ecosystems
- Please submit a portfolio along with your application (Your portfolio should showcase project mockups, wireframes, case studies, etc.)
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.