Our world-class mobile game development team is in search of a Senior Project Manager for a triple-A mobile role-playing game set in one of the most well-known and beloved universes. This new team member will work closely with everyone on the team, forming connections between Art, Design, Engineering and Management. You should be prepared to engage on a broad spectrum of responsibilities – establishing and maintaining the overall project schedule, liaising with external parties, managing JIRA, running team meetings – essentially anything and everything to help the team create great games.
Aftershock Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values… but most of all we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At Aftershock LA you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Day To Day:
- Own and implement roadmap planning.
- Support, delegate and triage tasks/bugs management.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to drive team quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive Studio operational reviews by reporting Studio key metrics and critical risks/mitigation.
- Define engagement practices and processes: Ensure all aspects of the project are clearly defined, processes are documented and staff is trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Work closely with team members, both local and remote, in a collaborative, agile and small team environment.
MUST Have Qualifications:
- 6+ years of Project Management / Production experience.
- Experience developing games.
- Enjoys working on smaller, agile teams.
- Motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Great communications skills (written and verbal).
- An affinity for working with creative individuals.
- An advocate of support-oriented Project Management philosophies suffused with high-levels of pragmatism.
- Has shipped titles on iOS and/or Android.
- Enjoys playing games. Bonus points for RPG and strategy games.
- Direct experience with JIRA and Perforce.