We are looking for a dedicated Senior Software Engineer to help grow our Backend services at Aftershock Studios/FoxNext Games for our premier mobile game titles including James Cameron’s Avatar.
- Maintain and improve existing backend systems, required to run our games.
- Design and implement new systems and tools to support the game teams. and studio operations and help us build out our next generation of games.
- Help ensure the game services are smartly scalable and maintainable well beyond initial development and release.
- Engage with other feature owners on the team - production, design, QA and product management.
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- 5+ years professional game industry experience
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with distributed and scalable cloud based service systems, tools, and deployments
- Experience analyzing and tuning performance of a large scale system.
- Experience with data modeling (document based and relational) and sharding
- Accurate time and schedule management
- Solid debugging, optimization, and problem solving skills
- Linux proficiency (Ubuntu/CentOS)
- Self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude towards the project
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis or similar document stores
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Services
- Prior experience using Docker, Kubernetes or other container services
- Experience with C# and Mono
Division Description:About Aftershock
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.About FoxNext
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.