Frontend Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
FoxNext Games is a business unit of FoxNext driving gameplay to the next quality level. At FoxNext Games LA, we marry the autonomy of a startup with the resources and stability of a large multimedia corporation. We are seeking a Front-End System Engineer to help us build intuitive and performant multiplayer mobile games. You will build systems and help define the core application architecture that will enable the industry’s top talent to deliver new content to fans worldwide, every day of the year.
- The majority of your time will be spent focusing on creation and improvement of systems.
- Expect to engage with other feature owners on the team – production, art, design, QA and product management.
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- 5+ years professional game industry experience
- Object-oriented design experience using C++ and/or C#
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Strong skills in trigonometry and vector math
- Solid debugging, optimization, and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of hardware architecture and its impact on system design
- Experience with working in other people’s code and adhering to coding principles
- Accurate time and schedule management
- Self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude towards the project
- Deep understanding of Unity’s architecture
- Strong knowledge of OpenGL, Metal, Vulkan, or Direct3D
- Experience with AI/pathfinding, physics, animation, and audio
- Solid understanding of client/server architectures
- Shipped titles on iOS / Android
- Good knowledge of building games as a service
- Strategy game experience
- Enjoys playing strategy games on mobile platforms
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.