The FoxNext Games Studio is in search of a QA Director to drive quality across all of our internally developed games. This person is solution focussed and believes QA is far more than testing and will establish QA best practices and drive the processes and tools needed to ensure quality objectives are met from the first design doc to the last release checklist. This experienced, inspired candidate will manage a team of both external and internal QA across Functional, Localization and Device Certification and work directly with studio leadership, publishing and operations leads and executive management to make that happen. This role will report into the COO of FoxNext Games within the Global Operations team.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Own all aspects of Quality Assurance, both onsite and offsite.
- Define QA process and identify necessary tools and technology
- Forecast a staffing plan and overall test strategy
- Internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA across the products
- Drive knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams
- Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders to finalize test plans
- Manage the workload of internal testers
- Direct the efforts of external QA contractors
- Facilitate communication between developers, writers, artists, and QA team members
- Represent QA interests to the management group
- Help test the game, where needed, to prepare builds for launch
- Provide quality defect reports with reproducible cases to the development team
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile and small team environment
- Foster and maintain an environment of mentorship, coaching and career
- Minimum 8 years experience in the QA profession, 5+ years in the games industry and mobile platform.
- Minimum 5+ years experience managing teams, both internal and external
- Has managed multiple projects in development and in a live environment simultaneously, seeing through pre-launch and post-launch testing cycles as a QA Manager or Director
- Demonstrated knowledge of software testing and software QA processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Knowledgeable about a variety of testing methodologies, including but not limited to, compatibility testing, performance testing, user experience, regression and acceptance testing.
- Experience with planning and executing QA for regional differences, OTA vs. WiFi
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment
- Previous experience managing bug defect solutions & driving the creation of test plans
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
"Nice to Have Skills":
- Previous experience in the use of automation and tools/technology to improve efficiency and increase overall test coverage and effectiveness
- Full test cycle on a multi-platform mobile game
- Familiarity with iOS and Android hardware
- Familiarity with JIRA and Perforce
- Passionate for (and interested in) games – both playing and building
Aside from the intrinsic value of exciting a huge audience with your creative work, you can expect:Health and Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Training and Development
- Commuter Incentives and Hybrid Vehicle Purchase/Lease Program
- Merchandise Discounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.