Los Angeles, CA, USA
We are looking for a dedicated Data Engineer to help kickstart and grow business intelligence services at Aftershock Studios/FoxNext Games for our premier mobile game titles including James Cameron’s Avatar.
- Design, implement, debug, document, test, and maintain code and systems for ingestion, transformation, storage, and consumption of data from multiple games and millions of players
- Collaborate with game teams, product managers, data analysts and technical stakeholders to craft the best solutions for our data driven business
- Estimate engineering effort to contribute to sprint planning and keep our delivery on track
- Ensure data quality is delivered timely and consistently with active alerting and notifications for escalation
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with software engineering
- Deep understanding of functional and object oriented programming
- Expert ETL techniques and best practices to handle large data volumes
- Expert SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and data modeling best practices
- Experience with relevant scheduling, batch and stream processing frameworks (e.g. Apaches Spark, Kafka, Airflow)
- Experience with relevant managed services (e.g. AWS Kinesis/Lambda, GC Pub/Sub)
- Cloud infrastructure devops to support deployment and data management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Infrastructure management on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
- Docker container deployment on Kubernetes
- RESTful Web Service API development
- Mobile development in Android and iOS
- Experience in games or fast paced company such as growth phase startup
- Git, GitHub, Perforce, Jenkins, Splunk
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.