Senior Sound Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Senior Sound Designer will be responsible for the creation and implementation of audio content for internally developed mobile games at Fox Next. The team is currently working on games based on the Marvel universe and James Cameron’s Avatar. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games and for improving the player’s experience through sound.
- Deliver a AAA audio experience by utilizing expertise in sound design, dialog processing, integration and final mixing.
- Record audio from foley sessions and location-based recording.
- Collaborate with engineers to build and refine audio tools.
- Self-manage quality and efficiency standards to meet milestone deliverables.
- Proactively pursue innovative ways to enhance the player experience through sound.
- Regularly communicate with the game team and embrace their intent for the player experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in video game development with multiple titles shipped.
- Experience shipping titles for mobile devices (ie. iOS and Android).
- Experience shipping at least one title using Wwise.
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
- Experience with multiple game engines (i.e. Unity, proprietary, etc.).
- Experience with task tracking and version control software (JIRA, Perforce, etc.).
Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. The studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. Aftershock has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise.
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations. Fox has a successful track record of creating critically acclaimed games including The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Angry Birds Rio, Alien: Isolation, Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, Ice Age Adventures, and Sugar Smash: Book of Life. Aftershock, a division of FoxNext Games, has a number of projects in development including an all new mobile game based on the expansive Marvel Universe, and a massively multiplayer mobile strategy game for James Cameron's Avatar franchise. A AAA PC/console game set In the world of Avatar is in development with Massive Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio. FoxNext VR Studio is in development on Alien and Planet of the Apes VR experiences. FoxNext Destinations will further lead the development of location based entertainment business with the success of the 2017 THEA award winner Springfield, USA and 2008 THEA award winner The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando, Avatar: Discover Pandora, a new interactive exhibition inspired by the breathtaking environments and inspirational cultures of Pandora, and the development of the 20th Century Fox World theme park in Malaysia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.