Reporting into the Executive Producer, the Community Manager will lead all community development efforts for FoxNext’s upcoming MARVEL mobile game. They must understand what players want, what they are concerned with, and what the capabilities of the game team are. They must have their fingers on the pulse of their community, at all times understanding the hot items that are top of mind of players. And they must be able to drive the social media efforts for the game.
The Community Manager is a formal a member of the development team, but will partner closely with the Marketing and Customer Care teams. They will be a strategic member of our team, focused on being the Voice of the Player helping shape the discourse around our games and helping the studio understand and act upon what our players care about most.
Day to Day:
- Be the primary conduit of feedback (in and out of game) and share sentiment reports with the Studio. Ability to make decisions based on data and filter what a vocal minority is pushing for.
- Continuously play competitive games and know what a good and bad community looks like.
- Be active with our players in game and out of game, help foster a sense of mutual respect and open communication between players and the game teams
- Understand player behavior across all levels of engagement (e.g., casual to hardcore).
- Be able to seek out game evangelists / influencers and engage them to further promote the game
- Accountable for tone and direction of social media channels at a high level and will collaborate with the Customer Care Team, making sure that the team is armed with the key messages and answers to questions that players are asking. Generate positive sentiment in all community channels. Maintain an authentic voice.
- Assist in the execution of community-facing initiatives including contests, offline events, convention presence, and social media initiatives
- Align community content with current and historic Marvel storylines to connect with the community in authentic ways
- Have a strong affinity with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter as well as solid knowledge on industry’s best practices in engaging with the target audiences
- Work closely with Product Marketing and the Studio to plan and execute an engaging Social content pipeline across the most important channels for our audience and be responsible for engaging players on social media channels around that content
- Develop a sentiment analysis approach to measure where we are and where we want to be for the game, design and implement viable tactics to execute on this approach Set acquisition, engagement and retention KPIs and report regularly on performance.
Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Community Management, Communications & multi-media is a plus
3+ years of Community relations experience for a large, consumer-facing videogame brand. Knowledge/Fandom of the Marvel universe is highly preferred.
MUST Have Experience:
- A strong grasp of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong project management skills and the ability manage a cadence of content for players
- Love playing mobile games and other games of all types and have walked the player journey
- Some proficiency with tools which measure sentiment (Meltwater, Radian6, others)
- Proven track record of managing impactful social media campaigns (please be prepared to share some case studies with us).
- Proven track record of managing compelling content for all the key social media channels such as Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, etc
- Proven track record in working cross-functionally
- Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written and listening skills