FoxNext Games and Aftershock Studios are looking for a motivated and dynamic Graphic Designer with a talent for video editing and/or motion design to become a key contributing member of the Marketing Art team. In this position, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and developing marketing assets focused on App Store optimization along with mobile acquisition and engagement marketing. The ideal candidate is as comfortable in the creation of his/her work as they are in following through with the production. He/She should have a strong graphic design foundation including the understanding of typography in digital media, color and composition, and loves to stay ahead of trends in graphic design/motion/visual effects. This role can be very production heavy, so we are in search of those who possess the technical aptitude to work efficiently without compromising creativity.
- Create digital marketing assets, including but not limited to: mobile featuring art and game icons, digital banners and rich media in a fast paced and on a recurring basis.
- Create content for game website, social media and other multimedia venues
- Conceptualize, design, and create solutions for mobile acquisition advertising (interstitials, banners, video) and social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with and take direction from the User Acquisition and Marketing teams on creative production.
- Incorporate creative performance data to derive new creative concepts and recommendations for improvements on existing creative variations.
- Ensure brand guidelines and strict quality standards are consistent throughout all marketing artwork.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices as it pertains to marketing and user acquisition art in the mobile gaming space.
- Assist as needed with other mobile marketing art projects.
- Bachelor's degree in art, design, or related field
- 5+ years of art experience in mobile or digital advertising as a graphic designer, motion graphics artist, or similar
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere and InDesign
- Excellent aesthetic taste with the ability to produce artwork that is both visually appealing and performant
- Excellent layout, composition, typography, color, and graphic design skills
- Skilled at creative thinking and decision making as it applies to design and composition
- Skilled problem solver that is comfortable working in a fast-paced marketing art development pipeline
- Ability to quickly produce high quality work and to meet hard deadlines
- Passion for playing games (console, mobile, etc)
- Familiar with current trends in the mobile games industry
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual
- Ability to take direction well and to play well with others. No prima donnas!
- A desire to grow your skills and experience and the ability to learn new tools quickly
- A terrific sense of humor
- Must be available to work on-site in our Culver City studio
- Applicants MUST show a portfolio and/or demo reel. Candidates without a portfolio/demo reel either included in their application or linked to online will NOT be considered.
- Excellent illustration skills, with the ability to produce different art styles ranging from game art to realistic renderings
- Experience in the mobile games industry
- Experience with gameplay capture in Unity
- Familiarity with MARVEL properties