As a Live Operations Lead, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of Live Operations. You will be charged with creating creative and sustainable ways to maximize the lifetime value of our customers by analyzing data, managing the in-game economy, directing live operations team, and designing processes and tools to help streamline the execution of in-game events and sales. We need a sharp, disciplined individual who has a passion for games, strong leadership skills, and a track record of managing live game economies.
You will be working with a team of Live Ops associates, product managers, designers, producers, engineers, and artists to deliver new exciting content and features to a passionate fan base. Our games are built in a collaborative environment where ideas and suggestions are welcomed by everyone.
Day to day:
- Manage a Live Operations team for our newest game to drive monthly/quarterly strategic goals and key targets.
- Create and execute events, contests, and promotion plans to drive monthly goals and target metrics for the studio team.
- Analyze and monitor key metrics and user feedback on a real-time basis to determine user trends and behavior. Quickly detect and surface game economy imbalances and concept/execute rebalancing plans.
- Drive the implementation of new innovations to improve virality, engagement and monetization.
- Incorporate best practices derived from analysis into new and existing game features and communicate key takeaways to management.
- Measure the success of product features after release and optimize their performance through split-testing and rapid, data-driven iteration.
- Provide Game Lead/Executive Producer with detailed feedback, reports, and information for development teams that will drive target metrics.
- Manage the live operations team to execute promotions and in-game events.
- Manage game economy and content rollout to maximize value.
- Identify new opportunities for improvements in the game.
- Work with engineering team to design, implement, and roll out tools and techniques for automating live event and offers for users.
This role is a mid to senior level position. The candidate who excels in this position will receive more and more leadership responsibilities, allowing them to drive Aftershock’s current and future products to the top of the mobile gaming market.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years working in gaming or related field
MUST Have Qualifications:
- Previous work experience with free-to-play games.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles.
- Experience hitting revenue/metric targets on a live game
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Self-starter, able to identify obstacles and work through solutions.
- Passion for figuring out how game economies work and change.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience with drafting specifications for back-end tool improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in interactive media – video games, social networking, etc.