Aftershock (Formally Kabam Los Angeles) is seeking a Visual Effects Artist for our Los Angeles studio. At Aftershock we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in the mobile space. We're creating fun and engaging games for our fans and positioning ourselves for a big future in mobile games.
Our new VFX Artist will create high-quality effects for our games on mobile platforms, using a variety of methods to create stunning visuals. You'll collaborate with fellow developers to create a unique visual style for a top-tier, world-class intellectual property.
- Create particle systems in Unity.
- Develop new and impactful visuals for a wide range of unique characters.
- Generate textures and implement them as weapon and energy effects.
- Write shaders.
- Optimize on a variety of fronts.
- Complete hook-ups to integrate content into the Unity game engine.
- Work with technical artists to correctly integrate VFX with character models, animations and environments.
- Explore new tech to eclipse current technical and visual limitations.
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX Artist.
- A demonstrable background in traditional art is a plus, as is scripting experience.
- Shipped titles, from pre-production to ship, as an on-site member of a game development team.
- Experience with Unity.
- Maya or Max fluency.
- Texture painting and Photoshop proficiency.
- Experience with real-time game particle systems.
- Must be comfortable with a collaborative and iterative development process.
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Technical Artist experience.
- Mobile game development experience .
- Familiarity with various animation tools.
- Passion for games.